HOUSTON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
DOES YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONER CARE WHAT YOU THINK?
There are three important issues in front of the Houston County Board:
- Silica sand mining regulation specifically, and mining regulation and enforcement in general
- Building a $6 - 8 million highway department building
- What to do with the empty Historic Jail building
After literally years of debate and discussion on all three issues without any resolution, a motion was made to conduct a county-wide survey on all three topics to get input from the public.
How did they vote on conducting a county-wide survey?
- Commissioner Steve Schuldt: NO
- Commissioner Judy Storlie: NO
- Commissioner Teresa Walter: NO
- Commissioner Justin Zmyewski: YES
- Commissioner Dana Kjome: YES
Now ask yourself, does your elected official care what you think?
Contact Your County CommissionerS:
Steve Schuldt (County Board Chair)